• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weather website may be helpful?

rosie26

I came across this weather website a couple of months ago and have only just looked at it more closely in the last week. I thought I would post it incase it may be helpful to others.

If you click on '+' (you'll find it above where it says 'month'), you will get a drop down box. I clicked on 'respiratory and arthritis' and it tells you which days the weather is hard on people who get arthritis or have respiratory symptoms. I was amazed because I had been feeling worse ME-wise 4 days ago and the weather where I am was not good for arthritis and respiratory. Then yesterday I was feeling much improved and I looked again at this weather site and the weather yesterday was beneficial for arthritis and respiratory.:woot:

I thought I might keep an eye on it and see if it continues to relate to how I am feeling - as in worse or better. It could be really helpful because I will make sure to really rest when the weather is detrimental to my ME. The weather and temperature does have an affect on us and this could be helpful for being a lot more careful on those days.

I have had an increase in symptoms today and it relates again to the weather not being beneficial for me.

You'll also see there is a 'bad hair day':lol: Although, I think we don't worry about that too much.

Here's the link:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/new-york-ny/10017/weather-forecast/349727
I hope you can find your city in this. :)

Hip

Very interesting Rosie. I have a friend living in Poland, and he tells me in that country, on the TV weather forecasts, they always tell you how you will be feeling tomorrow, as well as telling you what the weather will be like.

He told me that in that region of the world, because the day-to-day fluctuations in barometric pressure are more pronounced or more rapid (can't remember which) than they are in the UK (changes in pressure have a bearing on health and how you feel), the weather there plays a large role in the daily ups and downs of your wellbeing.

Last edited:

rosie26

Thanks, Rosie. I am affected by the weather that affects those with arthritis and respiratory problems. I will add this to my favorites.
That's great that it might be a help to you too. I like the fact that I can be ahead of the unpredictable-ness of this illness in that I can understand why I am deteriorating 'in part' of my ME and look after myself better on those days.

rosie26

Very interesting Rosie. I have a friend living in Poland, and he tells me that in the country, on the TV weather forecasts, they always tell you how you will be feeling tomorrow, as well as telling you what the weather will be like.

He told me that in that region of the world, because the day-to-day fluctuations in barometric pressure are more pronounced or more rapid (can't remember which) than they are in the UK (changes in pressure have a bearing on health and how you feel), the weather there plays a large role in the daily ups and downs of your wellbeing.
I did wonder about the barometric pressure and it's affect on me years ago. I had thought to record the pressure each day but I never got round to it. I noticed yesterday I deteriorated again along with the weather. So it does shift some of my symptoms around. Winter has always been the hardest on me. Today and tomorrow are meant to be good days, so waiting to feel improved again.