• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wearable sensors can tell when you are getting sick, study shows

Persimmon

The senior author of the study being publicised is Prof Michael Snyder, head of genetics at Stanford.

Snyder has a big reputation, and is also a member of Ron Davis' ME research advisory board.

Using the "wearable sensors" being studied, Snyder realised some of his vital signs were deviating subtely from nornal, following a visit to Massechusets. This led to him correctly diagnosing his own Lyme disease, at a very early stage, and then treating it promptly.

This technology, once validated, obviously has many potential applications in identifying variations in a person's physiological functioning.

Eg It could be applied to (objectively) identify and quantify health fluctuations in ME - including PEM.

Last edited:

*GG*

This study is going to include wearing a heart monitor and a Daytime activity monitor, not sure what the later is.

GG

Attachments

• Friedberg_flyer-3517_HRV_Study.pdf
    103.9 KB · Views: 7