International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

We need your GET story to publicise #stopGET petitions

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Jenny TipsforME, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Jenny TipsforME

Jenny TipsforME Senior Member

Bristol
    I didn't get alerts for those last few comments :(

We are doing a thing for ME Awareness month Missing More After Graded Exercise Therapy (#MissingMoreGET)

The idea is to tie in a bit with Millions Missing: Some people are missing more of normal life unnecessarily because they were given bad advice to do graded exercise (or assumed exercise was good and weren't advised to be careful).

We're going to post blog posts from www.stopGET.org and have them scheduled throughout May. I'm sort of assuming if you shared your story here to be publicly shared then you'll be OK with that (eg @JaimeS @ClarkEllis @Valentijn). Let me know if this is a wrong assumption!

Instructions if you want to write something new for it are here:

http://www.stopget.org/2017/04/missing-more-after-graded-exercise-therapy/

We can also reblog relevant blog posts you've already written.

Input welcome from anywhere in the world and all ages, especially examples of child GET.

Jan, dangermouse and AndyPR like this.
  2. Jenny TipsforME

Jenny TipsforME Senior Member

Bristol
    @JaimeS what name should I put by your story?

3. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Silicon Valley, CA

See more popular forum discussions.