• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Water retention how do I cure it?

currer

Thanks everyone for your responses. I am very impressed by how much research you all have done. Its wonderful that I can access such a range of expertise on this forum especially when I know my GP is worse than useless in sorting this out. And gives me the impression that she thinks I am making most of it up! Your helpful replies are fantastic to hear, even just to know that other people are as frustrated as me by this. It sounds silly but this one symptom does a lot to damage my quality of life as when I am well enough to go out I feel such a lump! instead of being able to enjoy the respite from being stuck at home. I can identify with a lot of what you say I often feel that I am unwell that my hormones and other body chemistry is not right even tho I am now well enough to go out. As I have recovered a lot (from a low point of being bedbound for years) I feel my body is recovered but in an odd way - not properly healthy.
I am very impressed and grateful for your help.!!!
Fredd what is aldb and mb12 ? And can I read a book about this? How did you do your research on this subject - I suppose you had to find it out for yourself Where did you start?
Anyway I now feel inspired (for the first time in a long while) to try again and do something about this. This forum is a great way of amassing experience and information - what a resource !
Thanks to everyone and keep those experiences and advice rolling in - I want to know everything!
I have noted all your advice and I am going to try sorting out my electrolytes first and see if that helps. I have never eaten much salt as it is always supposed to be bad for you but I was told by my GP my sodium levels are low and if my adrenal function is also low (which I am pretty sure it is and has been for years) it is likely that I am low on salt and other electrolytes. I have got some research to do. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks to everyone for their help. I am really touched by everyone's responses. Love to everyone.

Freddd

Thanks everyone for your responses. I am very impressed by how much research you all have done. Its wonderful that I can access such a range of expertise on this forum especially when I know my GP is worse than useless in sorting this out. And gives me the impression that she thinks I am making most of it up! Your helpful replies are fantastic to hear, even just to know that other people are as frustrated as me by this. It sounds silly but this one symptom does a lot to damage my quality of life as when I am well enough to go out I feel such a lump! instead of being able to enjoy the respite from being stuck at home. I can identify with a lot of what you say I often feel that I am unwell that my hormones and other body chemistry is not right even tho I am now well enough to go out. As I have recovered a lot (from a low point of being bedbound for years) I feel my body is recovered but in an odd way - not properly healthy.
I am very impressed and grateful for your help.!!!
Fredd what is aldb and mb12 ? And can I read a book about this? How did you do your research on this subject - I suppose you had to find it out for yourself Where did you start?
Anyway I now feel inspired (for the first time in a long while) to try again and do something about this. This forum is a great way of amassing experience and information - what a resource !
Thanks to everyone and keep those experiences and advice rolling in - I want to know everything!
I have noted all your advice and I am going to try sorting out my electrolytes first and see if that helps. I have never eaten much salt as it is always supposed to be bad for you but I was told by my GP my sodium levels are low and if my adrenal function is also low (which I am pretty sure it is and has been for years) it is likely that I am low on salt and other electrolytes. I have got some research to do. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks to everyone for their help. I am really touched by everyone's responses. Love to everyone.

Hi Currer,

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?188-B-12-The-Hidden-Story&p=125573#post125573

If you go to the first pages of this thread much will be explained. Then jump to the end and make a post wioth your various symptoms as found on the list of symptoms at the beginning of the forum. If you don't find it there, ask and I will post an exact link to the list. I'm working on a revision and will repost soon.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i havent read this whole thread, but using a low carb diet can help alot with water retention, if u have alot u could lose 10lb in the first week quite easily. Theres also herbal supplements that can help but off the top of my head i cant think of them but basically they make u pee alot, lol. which is what a doctor will do if he treats u with medications like lasix.

cheers!!!

EtherSpin

I had a kids B'day party last wkend and recorded my step count as being horrendously high, around 3X my daily average, two days later I had something else unavoidable due to kids being sick and had to do 2 times the average, a new hoody that was so roomy my homehelp cleaning lady was insisting I'd lost weight a fortnight ago was suddenly tight despite *much more exercise* and my belt was cutting into my waist, cuffs on sleeves and ankles felt uncomfortable too - I'm wondering if people experience water retention as part of a crash ?