• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Washington State Parents Most Likely Not to Vaccinate Children

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
the article only says WA state children are likely to be missing "one or more" vaccines, mostly chickenpox. I can see how vaccinating for a disease where serious complications are rare would not meet a benefit:risk determination for vaccinating (which also has a rare risk of serious complications) in that particular instance.

Vaccinating for measels is a totally different story. I think the risk of serious complications is higher for measels than for a vaccine, and it would make more sense to reduce the risks from vaccinating by using a modified schedule, but still get a measels vaccine.

I thought the article did a poor job by lumping vaccines together as a group as if all vaccines had exactly the same risk:benefit determination, rather than pointing out the various risk factors associated with different disease for which vaccines are available.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Yes, it does do a poor job of that, doesn't it. It left me still wondering why so many people in WA state were afraid of autism. Maybe many people in Washington already have one child with autism and are worried about the other children. There has to be a more substantial reason for the fear. It's pretty sad that they are going to pass a law requiring all children to get vaccinations. This is going to be really hard on parents who have children with autism and have another child ready to get vaccinated. It seems like a violation of rights.

I also did not like the way they launched in on Andrew Wakefield. I think what the article describes is the majorities view on all vaccinations (because it's what they have been told). - it's wrong not to get vaccinations and they should be scared of people who don't get vaccinations.

I think it is a violation of rights. Especially when they haven't answered all the questions and haven't done the studies.

Microsoft is headquartered in Washington.

Found a new video of Bill Gates and Sajay Gupta. Bill mentions vaccines for controlling population growth again. However, Bill also mentions that places like Afghanistan and Pakistan can be stabilized because of vaccines? How does that work, by lowering testosterone?

Keep in mind CNN's Anderson Cooper did the Andrew Wakefield steam roll interview.

[video=youtube;AIdsdsDhlXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIdsdsDhlXQ[/video]

*GG*

the article only says WA state children are likely to be missing "one or more" vaccines, mostly chickenpox. I can see how vaccinating for a disease where serious complications are rare would not meet a benefit:risk determination for vaccinating (which also has a rare risk of serious complications) in that particular instance.

Vaccinating for measels is a totally different story. I think the risk of serious complications is higher for measels than for a vaccine, and it would make more sense to reduce the risks from vaccinating by using a modified schedule, but still get a measels vaccine.

I thought the article did a poor job by lumping vaccines together as a group as if all vaccines had exactly the same risk:benefit determination, rather than pointing out the various risk factors associated with different disease for which vaccines are available.

Yeah, from the little reading I have done, it seems like Hep B is not a very good/useful vaccine for children.

GG