• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Want to run the Chicago Marathon for UMDF? 11/1/2017

*GG*

I am a patient, so I will not be running any marathons! Wonder if ME/CFIDS will ever have this kind of outreach?

In my email today:

Dear GG:

The Bank of America Chicago Marathon hosts thousands of runners who choose to make their Chicago Marathon experience more meaningful by running on behalf of a charity. These runners begin the training season with goals for personal bests in their marathon time as well as in fundraising dollars.

With every step you take and every dollar you raise, you can help organizations like UMDF do important work for the mitochondrial disease community. Your run is part of the Roadmap to a Cure. In 2017, more than 20 people ran for the UMDF raising close to $15,000.

Interested in running, GG?
This is guaranteed entry. You secure your spot as a UMDF charity runner. No lottery!
-The UMDF team is first come, first serve. Don’t delay and miss your spot!

Runners interested in participating in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon can learn more by contacting UMDF Great Lakes Regional Coordinator Anne SImonsen. Click here to email Anne.

The deadline to sign up is November 30, 2017 --- What are you waiting for?