• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Waking up with daily headaches

@dhube32, here is one thing that might be the cause which is fairly easy to fix... this stuff I have learned from my herbalist, who has helped me a great deal:

If your kidney are functioning at a low level, then there will be a build up of rubbish in the body that is not being filtered out. At night the body is trying to filter it out, but can't do very much, so you wake up feeling like rubbish in the morning; a headache can be one part of this.

One very simple solution is Parsley tea. There are other things, but Parsley tea is the easiest, and works well on the kidneys. Just put some Parsley in a mug, boil the jug, and pour the boiling water in. Leave for 10 minutes and then drink. Never microwave to heat the water. Keep this up every day for a few weeks and see if you notice a difference.

Of course, there are any number of things like this in the body that may have gone wrong, and may be causing the headaches... this is just one thing you can try which is very simple, cheap and safe.

Thanks for posting about the parsley. I can not take anything for the headaches. I'm very sensitive to medication and the otc meds effect my neurological symptoms (numbness and tingling). I opt for natural remedies if possible. I wish there were more discussion here about natural (food based) and alternative medicine. I have not searched the topic though because I'm pretty new on here and have really been suffering from headaches lately. I don't feel well enough to read from the computer.
Thanks again John, and thanks for the topic Denise.

Basilico

Florida
Could it be bruxism related?
I used to suffer awful headaches 'cos I grind my teeth and clench my jaw at night.
Since I started wearing a gumshield to bed, it went away 100% just like that.
The TMJ muscles are tricky little critters...

This is was I was going to suggest. I've been an avid teeth grinder since I was a teenager...I can always tell if I've been grinding my teeth at night because I'll wake up with a headache - that is a pretty common symptom of bruxism. Has a dentist ever told you if you grind your teeth (or can you see yourself if they're at all ground)?

The suggestion about avoiding nighttime hypoglycemia is another good one - if you eat a protein/fatty snack before bed, do you still wake up with a headache? Might be worth a try.