• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wakeup Call for Insomnia: It's time to treat fragmented sleep like the brain disorder it is

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
lol, yes jimells all trained at the same school i guess. Funny i seem to notice these sleep posts when i havent been sleeping. went to bed about 11pm been up since 3am, now 630am . 4 hrs sleep , could be worse.

I have mentioned this a few times but i think its good to revisit old treatments, i have had some good success with doxepin again at a low dose of 20mg with some zopiclone etc, previously when i first used doxepin for sleep i needed 50mg plus to put me to sleep and eventually it stopped working, now im getting away with 20mg and getting a good 8-9 hours from it, i wake abit groggy but its alot better then not sleeping at all. I used it the night before last, maybe why i didnt sleep much last night. Im only using doxepin maybe twice a week as i dont want to build a tolerence to it and use it after i have been running on little sleep for a few days, catch up sleep i call it.

cheers!!!

jimells

The sleep doctor I'm going back too is very good

I'm trying to get Medicaid and Social Security, but it is taking so long and I can't wait another year for a lawyer to try it in front of the judge. My states average is 381 days for a SSDI hearing.

Congrats on finding a good sleep doctor. It's good to hear they exist.

In Maine, poverty is no longer enough to receive Medicaid. One has to belong to additional categories, such as having young children, or certain diseases. There is also a 'secret' category: disability. Several years after first applying for Medicaid a state social worker told me about it. It's like they don't want anybody to know, so they can save money. I had to fight like hell for six months to get it due to disability, then a few months later the state tried to kick me off and I had to fight like hell for another six months before they gave up. And of course all that fighting with the state made me sicker.

I was able to get a legal aid lawyer to help me fight for Medicaid, and that was a big help.

I, too, have been waiting for over a year for a SSDI hearing before a judge. It's been well over four years since I first applied for SSDI (I'm working on the second application attempt). It seems unlikely I will live long enough to see a dime of that money. The good news is that quite a few people win their claims at the ALJ hearing.

Hi TheMoon, you wrote:
Those nasty electodes they glue to your hair are gross and sticky hard to get out!

You got that right! I had that stuff in my hair for days. Overall, it was a most unpleasant experience.