• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Voting over for Round 1 of Aviva contest.

frenchtulip

AvivaPicResearchZone.jpg

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
I'm a little confused on this competition. I had to register to vote.
And it said this:
Who can vote?
Anyone in Canada who is registered on the Aviva Community Fund website can vote for ideas during the Qualifying and Semi-Final phases of the competition.

I take that to mean that only Canadian citizens are eligible to vote.
Can someone involved in this project please comment ?
I don't want them to lose votes later or be disqualified.
I have held off voting for now.

Sean

I am not involved with the project in any way, and am not Canadian. I am in Australia and have voted in a number of Aviva contests, including voting 3 times so far in this current one, all with no problems.

So go right ahead, vote your heart out. :thumbsup:

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
I am not involved with the project in any way, and am not Canadian. I am in Australia and have voted in a number of Aviva contests, including voting 3 times so far in this current one, all with no problems.

So go right ahead, vote your heart out. :thumbsup:

But did you read this part :
Can votes be disqualified?
Aviva, the sponsor of the Aviva Community Fund competition, can disqualify any votes that they consider to be fraudulent or contrary to the Terms & Conditions. Proxy voting is not allowed. Proxy votes will be removed from the competition at the sole discretion of Aviva.

Sean

But did you read this part :

Can votes be disqualified?

Aviva, the sponsor of the Aviva Community Fund competition, can disqualify any votes that they consider to be fraudulent or contrary to the Terms & Conditions. Proxy voting is not allowed. Proxy votes will be removed from the competition at the sole discretion of Aviva.

Nope, didn't see that.

All I can say is they have not stopped me from voting.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I brought this up on another thread. A bunch of us voted in last year's contest. IIRC someone wrote them and they said the voting was open to everyone. Only Canadians can enter. It appears that they have not updated their website.

Please do go ahead and vote. You get one vote per day. You use it or lose it. If they don't like the votes, they can delete them later.

I made vote 785.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I think we've had this issue over trying to interpret Aviva's rules in previous years and when the PWME organising the mass-voting have checked with Aviva, it's that only Canadians can propose ideas but voting is worldwide. The multi-stage nature of the contest and the way the rules are written causes this confusion every time but I'm pretty sure that those of us outside Canada can (and should!) vote.

@frenchtulip, is that correct?

Meanwhile, I recommend we all keep voting.

Just done today's - Day 4!

Sean

From their Terms and Conditions:

Voting process

Everyone registered on the Aviva Community Fund site can vote for their favourite idea(s) during the Idea Entry and Semi-Final phases of the competition.

[and]

Individuals can vote once per day in the voting periods of the Qualifying Rounds and Semi-Finals. You cannot vote on behalf of other people.

I will keep voting. :thumbsup: :hug:

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
I brought this up on another thread. A bunch of us voted in last year's contest. IIRC someone wrote them and they said the voting was open to everyone. Only Canadians can enter. It appears that they have not updated their website.

Please do go ahead and vote. You get one vote per day. You use it or lose it. If they don't like the votes, they can delete them later.

I made vote 785.
Thank you for the clarification.
I didn't want to vote and then have it mess them up.
So off to vote !