• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Voting over for Round 1 of Aviva contest.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
@rosie26, you can sign out by clicking on your username at the upper right of the page.

@Sasha, how do I see the current ranking? Are they competing only against others in the $50,000 - 100,000 group?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I think maybe ranks will be shown here, a day in retrospect ("yesterday's rank") - just next to where it gives the number of votes.

frenchtulip

53 votes so far - we're already behind some animal charities (we're animals too! :aghhh:) but from my memory of Aviva contests, I think at this stage we're voting to get into the next stage.

Is that right, @frenchtulip?

Get voting, everybody, and tell all your friends! You don't need Facebook and this will be FREE RESEARCH MONEY!!! :nerd::nerd::nerd:
Yes, Sasha, we are in the first Qualifying Round trying to make it into the Semi-Finals (some time in Dec.). It will be great if we can qualify in this round and not have to compete in the second or third Qualifying Round. Aviva will take 20 from the large prize division and 20 from the small prize in each Qualifying Round. For each of the two divisions, they take the highest vote getter in each of the five categories (e.g., Health, Education, At Risk Youth) and then the 15 highest vote-getters regardless of category in each division. We are currently the 14th highest in the large-prize division. But an At Risk project, which is far behind us, will take precedence over us and bump us down one place. So we are in qualifying position if we can maintain it until Oct. 13th.

Battery Muncher

Voted! 580 votes.

Also, I say this every time we have a competition like this, but we should think about cross posting these threads to "general news and discussion", "general me/cfs discussion", and writing an article on it. It doesn't need to be long, just copy Sasha's initial post (which was excellent and informative) into the articles section.

It would be good if it was made a 'headliner' on the forum banner for a couple of days as well. I think that would help raise awareness.