• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote once from anywhere to win $17,000 for MEandYou by Sat 1 June!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
And we're exactly 1,000 in the lead! 7,797 vs 6,797!

This really is a phenomenal level of voting. I'd never have believed we could get so many! I've never seen numbers anything like this.

Ten past midnight in Norway now and my bedtime in the UK. Off I go! :sleep:

I hope someone will keep an eye on the board and on Steinar's Facebook page to see what happens at the end!

Here's his page:

https://www.facebook.com/stormberg

snowathlete

Then Steinar J. Olsen covered over 210 km and finally arrived in goal https://twitter.com/stormberg/status/340957456589004800/photo/1, just after midnight. The vote is therefore closed, and the three objectives was respectively 1.2 and 3 seat is MeandYou, NOAH and yes to relieving device and childcare http://www.stormberg.com/blog/2013/05/23/ we-give-1000-per-miles-to-a-formal-you-decide /. Thanks for the great commitment, all voices and all that has followed Steinar on tour! And not least, congratulations to Steinar J. Olsen with formidable turinnsats! We come with a full blog during Monday after finregnet number of miles. We are probably over 210 km as first thought!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Didn't quite get to bed but I can go now happy!

7,849 to 6,851 in the end. Just incredible.

Thanks to everyone who voted, told their friends and family, emailed organisations, and kept on doing it! Big victory for us in an important cause.

Time to get the balloons out! :balloons::balloons::balloons:

snowathlete

Didn't quite get to bed but I can go now happy!

7,849 to 6,851 in the end. Just incredible.

Thanks to everyone who voted, told their friends and family, emailed organisations, and kept on doing it! Big victory for us in an important cause.

Time to get the balloons out! :balloons::balloons::balloons:
Glad you were awake to see the victory!!! :)

Wow, that really was a blinding surge!

If only we knew where it came from! Do we have any time correlation data on the start of the surge and the various emails that went out? Was Tom's the first email that went out to Co-Cure on this? Did we send out a signal that went a bit viral somehow? I know I panicked when I heard the lead was down to 60, and put up the forum notice and emailed my own mailing list; I guess maybe a bunch of us pulled out our last few cards at that point, and the combination of the tight timeframe, the close contest, the significant sum of money and the obvious worthiness of the cause probably helped create a perfect storm. But 1,000 new votes - new one-time voters at the last minute - that's just incredible! Whatever it was, we want to bottle that if we can. :D

Tom Kindlon

There's an email from Tom Kindlon via Co-Cure in my inbox that asked for votes and said how tight it was so maybe that was it - well done, Tom!
Thanks. Wrote to 18 lists on Saturday evening. These are non-Facebook groups so one doesn't get flagged for spamming if one posts a lot together.

I also posted to quite a few Facebook groups as well but I got warned recently on that for something else so have to space those out more.

There was a huge rush on Saturday so obviously was a team effort.