• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote for Marly Silverman as Jewish Community Hero of the Year

...and help raise awareness of neuroendocrineimmune disease (NEID).

Nearly 20-million Americans suffer with NEIDs. For at least 25% of these patients, a diagnosis means permanent disability and little hope. But, Marly Silverman, creator of PANDORA has been determined to change all that. Marly Silverman began PANDORA in 2002, but has worked for those impacted by NEIDs since 1999. In that time, Marly has constantly and consistently addressed the issues that affect the life of persons diagnosed with NEIDs. Through PANDORA, Marly is working to create some of the first treatment centers for NEIDs. In addition, Marly created the Walk In My Shoes(tm) Campaign to raise awareness and garner much needed funding for research and a cure. Marly has also been instrumental in patient advocacy and government research. Marly is a member of the steering committee for the Coalition4MECFS, a group of organizations dedicated to influence our health national policy for ME/CFS. When she is not advocating, Marly supports those who suffer the most. Her latest initiative is a program which will support the sickest of patients by sending them cards and packages during hard times.

About the 2011 Jewish Community Heroes Campaign

"Building on the success of the past two years, the third annual Jewish Community Heroes campaign continues to celebrate the selfless and courageous acts of everyday community heroes.

With your help, we can shine a national spotlight on local leaders, volunteers and professionals, whether their work impacts five people or 5,000.

The Jewish Community Hero of the Year selected through the Jewish Community Heroes campaign receives a $25,000 grant from The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) to be used as an investment in his/her community project or non-profit effort. Additionally, the four remaining finalists will each receive a $1,000 grant, and the Federation Hero of the Year will receive a $5,000 grant.

A History of Heroes

The Jewish Federations of North America started the Heroes campaign two years ago to recognize the remarkable individuals who live their lives helping others.

The Heroes campaign is a natural extension of the JFNAs work protecting and enhancing the well-being of Jews worldwide. Like the Hero nominees and winners, the JFNA takes the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world) and tzedakah (charity and social justice) to heart.

Jewish Community Heroes nominees come from all walks of life the neighbor running nonprofit bake sales, a teacher building a school for the underserved, the entrepreneur donating services to neighborhood development, the community organizer bringing people together."

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?

Vote daily for Marly and share the link with your friends and family.

To vote for Marly:
http://www.jewishcommunityheroes.org/nominees/profile/marly-silverman/

Click on 'vote now' and you will be asked for your email address and zip/postal code.

You can vote every 24 hours. Voting ends 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday, November 10, 2011.

Thank you for your support.

There is but I didn't see that someone had already started a thread. Perhaps a moderator can merge this one with the other one as I have included more information. Many thanks.