• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote for Action for M.E. To Win 2,000 Pounds in Big Break Contest in UK!

frenchtulip

Voting has begun in the Direct Debit Big Break competition in the UK for the month of April. Action for M.E. is competing this month. The prizes are: 2,000 pounds to the top vote-getter; 1,000 pounds to 2nd place; and, 1,000 pounds will be divided among runners-up. Here is the place to vote: https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitPromotions/BigBreak2014/Pages/CauseDetail.aspx?CauseId=353 It is just a one-time vote through April 30th. Action for M.E. will use prize money for their Research Strategy. You can read about it here. Action for M.E. is one of four ME charities that have agreed to compete in different months. The ME Association will compete in May, and MERUK will compete in June. Invest in ME won the top prize of 2,000 pounds in March. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Undisclosed

We have removed posts from this thread as rule breaches of forum rule #4 -- "Criticize constructively, don't just dump". The thread also became increasingly off-topic due to members discussing an entirely different non-profit organization.

Rule 4: Criticize constructively, don't just dump

Critiques of individuals or organizations should be done in the spirit of constructive discourse; simply dumping on a person or organization is not conducive to the kind of conversation we strive for.

"Dumping" on an organization or a person who is not a forum member may upset members who identify with the person or organization, so we do ask members to ensure that their comments remain as constructive and positive as possible.

We do recognise that many of our members feel a great deal of pain and anger about the way they have been treated - and about the treatment of ME/CFS patients in general - and sometimes we all feel the need to 'vent' about that. But relentless negative attacks on people and organisations outside the forums achieve nothing and they can be upsetting and depressing for other members to read. As an organisation, Phoenix Rising aims to emphasise what we can positively achieve together. Of course that means sharing our pain, and sometimes our anger too, but we also want to maintain a positive focus on what we can do about our situation, and so we ask our members to engage on the forums in the same constructive and progressive spirit.

Please refrain from tearing down an organization just because you don't feel they are worthy of your support. A constructive discussion on why you don't think they merit a vote is fine. Actually, it's always good to have a discussion of both the good and poor aspects/strengths and weaknesses of any organization so people can make better informed choices.

Thank you.