• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Voices:Bristol Uni. both denies and supports Prof Crawley in her career enhancing “heroic vict

Countrygirl

The John Maddox Prize recognises the work of individuals who promote sound science and evidence on a matter of public interest, facing difficulty or hostility in doing so. Nominations have now closed for the 2017 prize.

The above was written in March.............

......................now can you guess who one of the winners is?????????????

:):bang-head:

http://senseaboutscience.org/activities/2017-john-maddox-prize/

The judges have taken the unusual step this year of drawing attention to the challenges tackled by other nominees in order to recognise the wide range of issues people have to confront. In doing so they are calling for employers and institutions to ensure that their researchers are properly supported when engaging in public discussions of science and evidence.

Along with Dr Ahmadreza Djalali who has worked improving hospitals’ emergency responses to armed terrorism and radiological, chemical and biological threats and now is under sentence of death in Iran we have

...........pause for drum roll.........................:sluggish::aghhh:

Dr Esther Crawley..............................

Esther Crawley: Professor Crawley is a consultant paediatrician and a professor of child health at the University of Bristol investigating the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis. Professor Crawley works to promote a better understanding of CFS/ME in the face of complaints to her employer and professional bodies and accusations of fraud and misconduct.

How long will it be before the Establishment award her a Damehood?

Countrygirl

Forbin

As you know, I witnessed EC's accusations against David, and after he left the room and the audience were expressing their sympathy to her and asking her such questions as 'What makes people with this illness behave in this way?'...

Since David Tuller does not have ME/CFS, the question should be, 'What makes some of her supporters assume that it's only ME/CFS patients who are challenging Professor Crawley?"

Last edited:

Large Donner

As you know, I witnessed EC's accusations against David,.........she first said a C&D letter had been sent to his university
Proven falsehood.

But then added her problem was that the cost of filing a defamation suit in the US was formidably expensive.

So what, why cant Bristol cough up for it they must have an insurance or other such funds for such things IF THERES A GENUINE CASE!

So she gave the audience the impression that she had tried to do this. She then added that she had also been advised to go to the police over David's actions. She didn't actually say she had done this.

Person one: X did this very bad thing to me to damage my reputation and is harassing me.

Person two: Well if it fits the legal definition of harassment go to the police.

Person one: Hes an academic and I'm a researcher funded by the tax payer and he keeps asking me for my data and for me to back up my claims as a scientist.

Person two: Ah.

Person one: Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

HowToEscape?

The above was written in March.............

......................now can you guess who one of the winners is?????????????

:):bang-head:

http://senseaboutscience.org/activities/2017-john-maddox-prize/

Along with Dr Ahmadreza Djalali who has worked improving hospitals’ emergency responses to armed terrorism and radiological, chemical and biological threats and now is under sentence of death in Iran we have

...........pause for drum roll.........................:sluggish::aghhh:

Dr Esther Crawley..............................

How long will it be before the Establishment award her a Damehood?

And people wonder why there are counter establishment popular movements in both Europe and the United States.

andyguitar

CFS. I expect ME, as in the outbreak at Royal Free Hospital, is mostly a result of a rare type of fungi which only causes serious and long term health problems in a small number of people. Symptoms in the Royal Free outbreak are similar, but not as bad, as ergot poisioning. That fungi can cause serious health problems is well documented in animal health. It's a great shame that human medical science is so narrow minded that they appear to know nothing about animal health. As for adverse drug reactions....consider when the term "yuppie flu" first started to be mentioned in the media. Then add when the widespread use of the new wonder drug Prozac began. There is research to show that Prozac and other Serotonin Realease Agents cause what looks like CFS in rodents. Paracetamol is also a mild serotonin release agent. Not a lot of people know that. I apply this to "most cases".