• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VITAMIN SUMMER CAMP

Freddd

I'm going to be hiding out in the hills west of Denver at 7000 feet for a good part of the summer. I have some projects I'll never get done at home. This is at a campground with tent and RV camping and a very few rental rooms. It starts at about $300/week for a family tent camping. I am willing to coach folks through the active b12 protocol startup as well as "summer camp" type fun from nature walks to star gazing and bird watching, swimming and bocci, shuffleboard, paddle tennis and outdooor movies.There is a splinter free kids playground I'm willing to do some swimming lessons for those needing such. If we had a bunch of people we could organize whatever activities we wanted. There are often club activities like a couple of dances a month, pool parties, various dinners and parties, a couple of "children's saturdays" with special activities for the kids. Last year one of the special activites was scuba diving lessons for the kids.

In any case if anybody wants to come and play (vacation) I'm willing to coach them through the supplement startup. Those interested let me know by private conversation and we can talk about specifics. I'll warn you right now. If we were to get to sitting around after dinner the puns and limericks could start flying thick and heavy.

There was a young lady from Dallas,

Who liked ...

I'm willing to arrange my stays this summer to be convienient for anybody wanting to come.

place

Be Strong!
Around colorado springs-Denver is a bunch of trails called the 14ers. Apparently they are not as well known as I thought they were =(

Lynn_M

When I've heard a reference to the 14ers of Colorado, it was referring to the mountain peaks over 14,000 ft., rather than the trails. See http://www.14ers.com/. At 7,000 ft, sounds like Freddd will be in the foothills.

Freddd, does this place allow dogs?

Freddd

Hi Place,

Is this referring to the 14,000 foot peaks in the area perhaps? Those are things people do go to hike. I had just not heard them referred to as the 14ers. Rock Mountain National Park is also nearby. That has a road to 14,000 feet and tundra with tundra wild flowers. I find it takes about two weeks of exercising for me to accomodate to 7000 feet. Those coming to hike the higher peaks go hike progressively higher for their bodies to adapt and make more red cells. This also can cause a drop in potassium I have noticed each year when I go. We have done some of the 4 wheel drive only routes in the mountains. There is a pass into Leadville that used to be used to carry the mail in on snowshoes in the winter and is now 4 wheel accessable.

Freddd

When I've heard a reference to the 14ers of Colorado, it was referring to the mountain peaks over 14,000 ft., rather than the trails. See http://www.14ers.com/. At 7,000 ft, sounds like Freddd will be in the foothills.

Freddd, does this place allow dogs?

Hi Lynn,

Yes. They have to be leashed at all times. The main problem is barking. When a person wants to go to the pool or any place the dogs are not allowed, sometimes they complain about being left out of the action. They have to be cleaned up after. Pets are not allowed in rental rooms, buildings or the pool area (fenced). There are actually quite a few dogs. Dogfood can't be left out becasue of the bears and mountain lions and other animals. Also, please remember this is a pretty wild area and there are occasional bears, occasional mountain lions, lots of deer,elk, foxes, skunks, raccoons, ravens and a couple of varieties of jays and even an ocassional mountain bluebird. The ravens will make noises at the dogs, the jays will scold and there other animals can tempt the dogs in various ways. But mostly nobody has much in the way of problems

L'engle

moogle
It sounds lovely. Someday when I have a travel budget I would like to go there. The island I live on is beautiful too though so it will be a good summer. Thanks to the active protocol I can get out and enjoy it some :)

place

Be Strong!
Yes, that's the ones, the peaks. Sorry, I only know enough to get into trouble.

Freddd

It sounds lovely. Someday when I have a travel budget I would like to go there. The island I live on is beautiful too though so it will be a good summer. Thanks to the active protocol I can get out and enjoy it some :)

Hi L-engle,

I went to a summer camp on an island in Maine. My father had a summer place on South Bass Island in Lake Erie for a couple decades. Where is the island you live on and is it a large well known one or a small private island?

L'engle

moogle
Hi L-engle,

I went to a summer camp on an island in Maine. My father had a summer place on South Bass Island in Lake Erie for a couple decades. Where is the island you live on and is it a large well known one or a small private island?

It's Vancouver Island, which takes at least day to drive along the length of and has several small cities. The ocean is never far away and the forest is beautiful!