• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin D test results back, any input appreciated

*GG*

Nobody should supp vitamin d get through sun and cod liver oil

I don't agree. Isn't cod liver oil essentially a supplement?

That what I thought. I have heard doctors say no supplement on the market is ideal.

What in life is ideal? This just sounds stupid to me. Maybe some Drs don't want you to stay healthy, so they have more repeat business?

GG

Apple

Correcting a severe vitamin D deficiency got me from housebound to not housebound, and reduced my pain a lot.

You have a clear deficiency in a vitamin that's incredibly important for your body, there is no reason not to treat this. Please take whatever your doctor has suggested.

Last edited:
I've always felt that there was some superior benefit from sunlight exposure as compared to taking a vitamin D pill. Sometimes, though not always, I feel profoundly better after being out in the sun, especially at the end of winter. I'm not sure I ever could say that I felt profoundly better after taking a vitamin D supplement. Also the exposure of sunlight to the skin generates, nitric oxide, which tends to relax blood vessels, improving circulation. I don't think a pill does that.