• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin D podcast

Rand56

This is a 34 minute podcast if anyone wants to spend the time to listen to it. It's with Dr. Garrett Smith who does hair mineral testing.

Two major takeways from what he is saying. "Supplementing" Vitamin D drives the calcium/potassium ratio too high, and with lower potassium it drives the metabolic rate lower.

The other is that he said that if someone is low on magnesium, they will be low on Vitamin D. He says by simply raising magnesium levels, Vit. D levels go up.

Also, towards the end of the podcast he says that he puts everyone of his patients on K2.

I'd like to hear others viewpoints on this if any of you wish to opine. I'm not up to snuff on hair mineral testing, nor do I know how really accurate it is.

http://180radio.com/180degreehealth-8-dont-supplement-vitamin-d-youre-heard/