• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

vitamin d injections?

fibrodude84

After so much supplementing for a year I can't raise my D levels.

Does anyone get or know if vitamin D injections exist? My doctor didn't know about it.

They do exist. http://www.medicinenet.com/calcitriol-injectable/article.htm

For supplementing, make sure it's D3 and either liquid, gels, or capsules with powder. (Tablet is not absorbed well so throw them out.)

Also you need vitamin K2 with your vit D3. I don't know if it's MK-4, MK-7, or both which is needed. I take both with my D3. I believe also some vit A is needed. Maybe fats?

Also some doctors don't know much about dosing. People who are really low should get 25,000-50,000 IU weekly at first.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@fibrodude84

Is your doctor testing only Vit D 25 or also Vit D 1,25? I ask because it is not uncommon in this illness for supplemented Vit D3 to be transformed more into 1,25--which most doctors don't test for.

In other words, it is very possible to have low 25 and high 1,25. As there are risks associated with high 1,25, it might be worth testing to see if this is happening for you.

Sushi

fibrodude84

My 25 hydroxy is low, that's the only one they test. I don't think calcitriol injections are given for D deficiency.