• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin C for managing candida dieoff

Has anyone had experience with using vitamin C for minimizing die off as yeast is being killed?

If so, what brands and amounts did you use, and with what effect?

Also if you have any other strategies for dealing with severe dieoff.. do tell.

Regards
Viking

ahmo

Viking, It seems that for me die-off products largely take the form of ammonia and histamine. Vit C + Calcium are good for helping histamines out of the system. Malic acid helps with ammonia. Bicarbonate or epsom salt baths or footbaths are excellent aids in detoxxing. I've incorporated my die-off strategy in my coffee enema and foot bath practices. You can find more specific information about them in the links in my signature.

South

When I experience die off from candida (when I cut out sugar and ramp up my intake of candida-killing things), I get headaches, constipation, and sugar cravings for a few days, but reduce these problems by taking:

Aspirin for the headaches, and ice pack on back of neck to further reduce the headaches on those days

Herbal laxative to get past the constipation days

Vitamin C powder in water with a little stevia to reduce the sugar cravings, drinking it like "lemonade". It helps the sugar cravings even if I leave out the stevia, so it is definitely the vitamin c in the drink doing the work. I use plain ascorbic acid powder as the vitamin c source for this drink.

Drinking some ice cold carbonated water helps as well, to reduce the headache/sugar cravings - something about the bubbles and the cold combined seems to help.

None of these make the die-off days suddenly become wonderful, but they do reduce the problems.

Note that there is a Candida forum in Phoenix Rising, but it doesn't get many posts, so it's probably a good thing you posted here instead to get the posting viewed by more than a handful of people.