• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin c and potassium need

zzz0r

Finally being able to go high in vitamin c in order to support my adrenals with the most acceptable form of vitamin c at least for my body(can not tolerate plane ascorbic acid in high quantity). I am using magnesium ascorbate with bioflavonoids up to 5g daily and it is going good so far.

However I am noticing and intense increase need in potassium same as when I supported methylation cycle with freddds dead lock quartet. I am wondering if the support that vitamin c is providing for my adrenals is causing detox and then detox increases the need for potassium or maybe I am dumping potassium? This is weird. Or could it be just nerve healing as what freddd has mentioned numerous times.

Last edited: