• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video of Rich Van Konynenburg's memorial service now online

After many technical difficulties the promised video of Rich's memorial service is finally online.
The video can be download to watch later or it can be viewed online. Anyone who doesn't have the time (or energy) to watch it all at once (or who just wants to skip the opening comments and view only specific parts of the video), it can be advanced by using the minute counter to find the following highlights:

Intro to a tribute song by Rich's daughter in-law: 6:01
Main Eulogy/Overview of Rich's life: 11:30
Comments about Rich's career as a scientist at the LLNL, given by two of his fellow scientists: 24:30
Comments by Rich's step-sons: 43:15
Rich's own words about why he worked on ME/CFS, read by a friend: 55:08
Rich's wife reads letters received by Rich and makes comments: 59:00
Rich's favorite hymns: 1:56:45

Within the video is a montage of the photos that were shown at Rich's memorial service. Because they were projected on a screen, some are a little hard to see (some are back-lit) in the video. The actual photo collection can be viewed directly at the Rich Van Konynenburg photo montage thread, also located on this forum:

LisaGoddard

Hi Diana,
I just found out that you are a member of the forum. I was thinking of you and your family over Christmas, and how much you must be missing Rich. Anyway just to let you know that I prayed for you all on Christmas eve.
Kind regards,
Lisa

Thanks to all who continue to express your love and appreciation for Rich and for our family. Yes, Lisa, my family and I are missing Rich, and we are grieving his loss deeply. I appreciate that his posts are still here for others to read. I also appreciate the way that you are helping and supporting each other.