• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

video about using technology for homebound folks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
This is interesting but it doesn't take into account those of us who have no help.

My aunt, who had no immediate relatives nearby, used to live in a town where seniors were called at the same time every day to make sure they were ok. I don't know of any other place that does that.

Rrrr

well, i think we can do this for each other. we can email or call each other daily, if there are some of us who need such a thing.

my dad's town (east coast USA) does that daily call in thing too.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have a friend who I text daily and if he doest hear he checks in but he loses his phone more than any one I know and if I have a problem and he's busy at work I'm kind of stuck.

My aunt was living in Santee (San Diego). Think I'll call my local senior center and see if they have something like that.