• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

via openSNP....Open Humans: $5k USD grants available

voner

I really don't know anything about this, but it appears legitimate and a possible opportunity for someone. I received this email solicitation from an organization I shared my 23andme data with named,"Open SNP":

We have some open science / open genomics related things that might be of interest to you. Our friends at Open Humans are now offering grants of up to USD 5,000 to projects which want to add new data sources or tools to the Open Humans eco system.

If you have an idea for a project this might be a great opportunity to work on this. Alternatively, openSNP already has a project idea, but we’re right now lacking the time to work on it ourselves: We would love to connect openSNP with Open Humans, thus allowing all of you to link the whole diversity of non-genomic data that Open Humans supports with your genetic data in openSNP. If you think that this would be something you want to work on, please get in touch with us at info@opensnp.org and we will happily support you in doing the grant application!

here is the Open Humans website:

https://www.openhumans.org/

here is a profile of one of the participants who is a brain cancer patient:

https://blog.openhumans.org/2016/09/11/spotlight-on-a-participant-liz-salmi/

Last edited:

RogerBlack

Perhaps also useful might be appropriate tracking app, to enable tracking of state of health/CFS over time, and track correlations of various things with worsening, over time.