The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Very poor immunity

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by Lucy1996, Feb 11, 2018.

1. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

Vermont, school in Western MA
    I think i only have low subclasses of IgG, unfortunately, not low total. I have some high subclasses, but I still would benefit from it. hope colostrum is as good

Lucy1996 likes this.
  2. Lucy1996

Lucy1996

Apart from the flu which was 100% flu rather than CFS, I am wondering if the other infections are just CFS flares but then if they were, would I have green mucus etc?!? It would explain certaintly why I was getting cold/flu in July August and September.

I am not taking any herbs though - perhaps it’s just from over doing it?

andyguitar and ljimbo423 like this.
  3. Lucy1996

Lucy1996

Thanks for your reply!

The first 18 months of my illness I got no colds and no infections - that fits your theory... I was too ill to get any colds because my immune system eradicated it straight away. Since then, I get something every month.

I get to a point my CFS is “manageable” and predictable to then being struck with another infection randomly sometimes when I’ve been active and sometimes when I’ve been doing nothing at all! Could be a mixture of catching colds easily and potentially, CFS flares too (explains July and August !)

I’m just hoping I’m young enough to shake this immune problem before my old age lol!!!

4. Lucy1996

Lucy1996

That’s really interesting to hear. It’s good to know why it might be happening!

And for sure I am convinced it has affected my immunity - it must have affected my immune system because I was never like this before!

Learner1 likes this.
  5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

You can consider Echinacea, a herb which stimulates the immune response. Years ago when I was healthy, I used Echinacea a lot to effectively prevent colds. I found Echinacea effective for preventing a cold from taking hold, but only if I took a good dose of Echinacea within 4 to 6 hours of the very first sniffles indicating a cold is coming.

We all know that subtle feeling that we are about to get cold; if you take Echinacea at that point, I found it would prevent the cold from manifesting.

But if you don't take the Echinacea early enough, and if the cold has started to hit in full, then I found Echinacea will not work. So echinacea seems to have little effect once the cold has started, but it works great to kill off colds entirely in their incipient stage

Lucy1996 likes this.
  6. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    Echinacea may help with a simple cold.

There are several natural substances that can help boost immune function, but how well they work depends on what the load is on your immune system and how well it works to begin with.

I tried a huge list of immune boosters, but my fatigue and infections didn't budge until I started intravenous immunoglobulins as my immune system was so dysfunctional.

If one has a history of difficult to get rid of infections, looking into immune system function might be worthwhile.

See more popular forum discussions.