• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vegemite ingredient may fight superbugs - B3

taniaaust1

note.. for anyone who thinks about trialing B3 due to this article.
B3 apparently deplests SAMe and limits active B6 (so could interfere in not good ways in the methylation cycle of some of us eg those of us who have MTHFR polymorphism are advised to avoid B3 for those reasons)

allyb

And in the UK paper today Tania, the British equivalent...............
Marmite is labelled 'cure all' spread by researchers

Boosts brain power, heals the heart............. and even stops hair failing out!!!!!

And there was me taking all those supplements :rolleyes:
A jar of each, sorted :lol:

:rolleyes: I'm wondering, is Wessely moonlighting? is he a share holder?

What would the headlines be???

Research has shown that CBT and GET are most effective when combined with the marmite/vegemite protocol

;) allyb

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I had vegimite on toast last night, today im 100%, lol. suppose to have alot of b vitamins and i grew up on it as a kid, didnt stop me from getting cfs:(

SilverbladeTE

Maestro, HIT IT!!!

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover." (Yeahhh!)

*in the style of Drew Carey as "The Mask" *

NEXT UP. KIDDIES: CAPTAIN VEGEMITE VERSUS DOCTOR WEASEL!

:p

CJB

Alrighty then......o_O

Seriously, I've wondered since I heard the song. Is it anything like Spam? :aghhh:

CJB

Okay - for the rest of the Yanks in the dark, here's the wiki intro (and may I say, YUCK:p) and no, it's nothing like Spam which is truly hideous.

Vegemite (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/ˈvɛɨmt/ vej-ə-myt)[1][2] is a dark brown Australian food paste made from yeast extract. It is a spread for sandwiches, toast, crumpets and cracker biscuits, and filling for pastries. It is similar to British, New Zealand and South African Marmite, Australian Promite and Swiss Cenovis and German Hefeextrakt.

Vegemite is made from used brewers' yeast extract, a by-product of beer manufacturing, various vegetables, wheat and spice additives. It is salty, slightly bitter, and umami or malty – similar to beef bouillon. The texture is smooth, and the product is a paste. It is not as intensely flavoured as British Marmite and it is less sweet than the New Zealand version of Marmite.

taniaaust1

Alrighty then......o_O

Seriously, I've wondered since I heard the song. Is it anything like Spam? :aghhh:

Have you ever seen the concentrated form of pure Ginseng extract (black goo).. If you have, it looks the same as that, thou very slightly thicker.

I love my vegemite. I thou dislike Marmite.. guess it must be the Aussie or New Zealand one, Marmite tastes aweful. (I didnt know that different countries have different tasting Marmite till this thread).

I also love that song by Men at Work, "Land Down Under"

biophile

Places I'd rather be.
Who can remember this?
We're happy little Vegemites,
As bright as bright can be.
We all enjoy our Vegemite,
For breakfast, lunch, and tea.
Our mummies say we're growing stronger,
Every single week,
Because we love our Vegemite,
We all adore our Vegemite,
It puts a rose in every cheek.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Us aussies think u yanks are strange for putting jelly on a sandwhich, we put our jelly in a bowl with ice cream. but i think what u guys call jelly is what we call jam.
Another one i thought was strange as a kid was when watching american shows was when someone would say to sit on your fanny, now in australia fanny is a womans anatomy, i was a confused boy until someone explained it to me, lol???