• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Van der Meer strikes again

Michelle

Decennial ME/CFS patient
Parvo -

Is this your text from "Visitors" on down? Because it's freakin BRILLIANT! After reading today the CAAs Virtual Lobby Day Action #1 in which we should "Direct [local media outlets] to information resources and ask them to bring greater understanding to the public...Tell your story as an inspiration to reporters to cover the issue," all I could think was, there is nothing fucking inspirational about this disease! I'm tired of trying to get people's pity. We need their anger. We need them to realize that THEY can get this disease (and, indeed, some WILL get it).

Would you mind if I used your summary in my ME Awareness Day post on my blog? I'll send you a copy before I post it. :)