• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

valcyte

antares4141

Were you using Valtrex or Valcyte? I suspect I should have tried doing the latter as opposed to the former. Seems that is what everyone on the list is using.
Dumb question, re-read your post's and see it's Valcyte. I want to give that a try. My GP won't subscribe anything along these lines. Wouldn't even do the lymes test or metal screen Fortunately my dad still has his medical license and did it for me. I suspect the ins. company is going to balk if I keep getting him to do these things for me though.

Dumb question, re-read your post's and see it's Valcyte. I want to give that a try. My GP won't subscribe anything along these lines. Wouldn't even do the lymes test or metal screen Fortunately my dad still has his medical license and did it for me. I suspect the ins. company is going to balk if I keep getting him to do these things for me though.
not a dumb question since i was on both. lerner will put patients on both that have ebv (valtrex) as well as cmv & hhv6 (valcyte). i have been on valtrex since last summer - i went severe at beginning of march 2014. labcorp testing showed reactivated ebv, hhv6, cmv. initially valtrex brought ebv down but seems to not be doing that now.. it didn't seem to make a difference in the others, hence the attempt with valcyte. my cmv is actually my worst reactivation.

i hate how hard it is for most of us to find appropriate medical care.