• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valcyte Mechanism

SunMoonsStars

Has anyone researched ganciclovir / valcyte mechansism?
It indeed is supposed to suppress replication but why do people have symptoms re-emerge ?
I read a nurses theory that states the drug is taken up by the cells and does inhibit replication but at same time there are virons chased out. Then the other cells of immunity like NK cells are supposed to come and kill those off. If you have poor NK functioning and this doesn’t happen your body is seeing these as increase in virus and same exact symptoms return or get worse.
It makes sense.

I also read an old post here stating that Dr Montoya had changed his approach 2015 on using 1800 a day for 3 weeks down to 900 thereafter. To instead 225 a day and every 2-3 weeks as you can without symptoms increasing toward 900 a day.

Increasing all the immune supports you can during this time as well is a huge plus to tolerate therapy and succeed I assume.

Gcmaf is a big one and there are not any actual medical approaches to stimulating NK cell FUNCTION I can find. I read that Interferon Alfa and IL2 are possibilties even in Genetic NK FNKD Deficiency.

Why aren’t we able to have access to these kinds of immunotherpy possibilities.?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I read a nurses theory that states the drug is taken up by the cells and does inhibit replication but at same time there are virons chased out. Then the other cells of immunity like NK cells are supposed to come and kill those off. If you have poor NK functioning and this doesn’t happen your body is seeing these as increase in virus and same exact symptoms return or get worse.

I think that is why dr lerner would keep patients on antivirals for several years. Not sure id be keen to use valcyte for years but one could change over to famvir. Basically what i have done.

heapsreal

Gcmaf is a big one and there are not any actual medical approaches to stimulating NK cell FUNCTION I can find. I read that Interferon Alfa and IL2 are possibilties even in Genetic NK FNKD Deficiency.

Isoprinosine/immunovir has some research behind it showing it increases nk function.

My experience is that it does increase my nk numbers. Many say inosine supplements are the same but i didnt have any increase in nk numbers with it. I didnt have access to nk function testing then .

When i was able to get nk function testing, a russian immune modulator/interferon inducer called cycloferon greatly increased my nk function. If you google interferon inducers russian ukraine you will find information on them.

I also dont think u can continually stimulate nk function with the above products as the body adapts to them. Instead they should be used off and on. They work well with antivirals but i think in many cfsers, these treatments need to be ongoing as i dont think they eliminate chronic viral infections but help keep the viral load down which minimizes crashes and severity of them .

I think if someone isnt showing some improvement from antivirals etc after 3 months, id start looking into other issues. But 3 months wont produce a cure, but hopefully one notices some sort of improvement they can build upon.

SunMoonsStars

Isoprinosine/immunovir has some research behind it showing it increases nk function.

My experience is that it does increase my nk numbers. Many say inosine supplements are the same but i didnt have any increase in nk numbers with it. I didnt have access to nk function testing then .

When i was able to get nk function testing, a russian immune modulator/interferon inducer called cycloferon greatly increased my nk function. If you google interferon inducers russian ukraine you will find information on them.

I also dont think u can continually stimulate nk function with the above products as the body adapts to them. Instead they should be used off and on. They work well with antivirals but i think in many cfsers, these treatments need to be ongoing as i dont think they eliminate chronic viral infections but help keep the viral load down which minimizes crashes and severity of them .

I think if someone isnt showing some improvement from antivirals etc after 3 months, id start looking into other issues. But 3 months wont produce a cure, but hopefully one notices some sort of improvement they can build upon.

Thank you so much.
This is what I’m looking for.
Thank you for the Interferon lead. I have researched the Russian meds before used in Hep C and this is one.
So glad to hear it’s increased your NK function. Did you have to stay on it to keep up the increased functioning ongoing ?
Thank you so much for your reply.

May I ask your test results of NK Function and how much increase did you see on new tests ?

Last edited:

heapsreal

So glad to hear it’s increased your NK function. Did you have to stay on it to keep up the increased functioning ongoing ?

I only had one nk function test while on cycloferon. I did notice general improvement when on it but it would lesson over time which is why i recommend cycling on and off it for 4 to 6 weeks. I have heard of a few people who tried it and felt worse which is not uncommon with interferon type treatments. Cycloferon supposedly effects more anti inflammatory interferons than pro inflammatory interferons, trial and error thing i guess.