• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

valcyte effeciency bewteeen 900mg and 450mg dosgae study

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Found this study in reguard to preventing CMV in organ transplant. It seems that theres not much difference between 450mg versus 900mg, the higher dose seems to be related to more side effects. These dosages maybe different to treating active infection i suppose, but the lower dosage if used in cfs/me make valcyte more affordable to try, maybe with another antiviral??

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/52/3/313.abstract

cheers!!!

undcvr

The variance btw pple with CFS and the way they respond to Valcyte is so weird. As you may already know I was one of those that responded to Valcyte but only at its highest dose. I have tried cuttg the dosage in half, twice now, but each time the EBV/HHV6 came back. I have been on it for 6 months.

Side effects at the highest dose have been minimal to none for me.