Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

vagus nerve?!

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by notmyself, Nov 17, 2017.

1. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

i've done some research about this..Why isn't ME a Vagus nerve dysfunction?,it can cause all of this symptoms ..

SueJohnPat likes this.
  2. ChrisD

ChrisD Senior Member

East Sussex
  3. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    Ive read about vagus nerve but it seems theres nothing we can do to fix it? Also no diagnosis?

From there i read about glial inhibitor but dont know much about it @ChrisD

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  4. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

nerves and vagus nerve aswell have the ability to regenerate themselves from what i know..the main problem is identifying what is causing the damage.The biggest probability is a virus infection, but can be other stuff,maybe some can be adress , like metal toxicity for example..I feel like i make a huge discovery today..reading all day about this, the vagus nerve dysfucntion can cause every single symptoms i have. It doesn t say anything about PEM ,wich i don t really have..i need to see the best neurologist in the country, i know understand what is causing all this!

5. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

From there i read about glial inhibitor but dont know much about it @ChrisD[/QUOTE]

they don t exist yet from what i know..but they are working on it,it is in developement..

6. vision blue

vision blue

Interesting. thanks. have been wondering if these autonomic attacks i'm getting now are failures of the vagus nerve. been thinking about caratod massage to try to kick them into action. will read your link.
    (incidentally, this started with a virus which i guess would fit; can't get a neurolgist interested though, and am being shunted to cardios and endocrinos

7. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    Yes, the woman who write "Healing Histamine" feels this is the vagus nerve. Many people feel this way and I have wondered it myself.

notmyself likes this.
  8. MartinDH

MartinDH Senior Member

You don't have it, but it's typically present in ME. Many symptoms are overlapping with ME. But there are many many diseases with overlapping symptoms. And many symptoms of vagus nerve dysfunction do not fit to my symptoms.

But if it fits to your symptoms then yes: Go to see a good neurologist!!

notmyself likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.