• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UV intolerance?

douglasmich

Since i got MCS i cannot tolerate the sun.

I still go in the sun however because 6 hours after it i have profound mood effects.

WHen i stand in the sun for 10-20min i come back inside and i feel extreme brain fog. I also have severe air hunger and feel like i will have a stroke !

It lasts about an hour then goes away. Sometimes if i take some cayenne pepper it helps.

ANy idea what the hell this is?

Thinktank

Are you sure it's UV intolerance and not heat intolerance?
Photosensitivity to UV exacerbates some auto-immune diseases like Lupus.

douglasmich

yes.

I can be inside dying from heat but never have these symptoms.

its only in UV raise. Very bad air hunger / brain fog. it feels like im breathing nothing. quite frightening

ahmo

From the moment I collapsed w/ ME, I had sun intolerance. It's one of the symptoms of pyroluria. When I supplemented for pyroluria, 5 days later the sun intolerance disappeared. I don't know if this is the same thing you're experiencing. I felt the sun as burning, with the least amount of contact. I also had air hunger, but do not if that was part of the same thing. Zinc, manganese, selenium, molybdenum, p5p were the things I added.

http://www.hputest.nl/evraag.htm Online questionnaire to suspect pyroluria

Short Version (36pg) Pyroluria/Lyme protocol. From Powerpoint doc used during Klinghardt presentation: Lyme Induced Autism

http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/images/1_KlinghardtKPU_09_PX.pdf