• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Using new symptoms as "clues" in methylation protocol

I remember @Freddd saying that it was helpful to see new symptoms coming up in the methylation protocol as clues regarding what the body is doing / lacking. Sinus symptoms and some gut reactions I was able to get under control titrating doses/ratios of B12 and folate. The new symptoms I'm trying to get a handle on (not because they are particularly bothersome but because I wondered if they might be pointers to another "lack" in the body) are hair loss and aching joint in my fingers, hands and toes (kind of arthritis feeling). Anyone have any ideas what these could be linked too? I wondered if the hair loss might be lack of copper due to my increase in zinc but adding that in hasn't changed anything.

Critterina

Hair loss and pain/inflammation have such a huge range of possible causes that I'd consider it inadvisable (even dangerous) to make assumptions about the causes and then start treating yourself based on those assumptions.