• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

US Political Figures Support Increased ME/CFS Research Funding

Gemini

Elizabeth Warren, Ed Markey, Joe Kennedy and the entire Massachusetts Congressional Delegation signed a joint statement recognizing ME/CFS and supporting increased biomedical research.

It was made public at the Boston area showing of the film UNREST:

Without meaningful and immediate investments in biomedical research, the 28,000 people living with ME/CFS in Massachusetts will struggle to find answers to critical questions about the disease’s cause, diagnosis, and treatment. Events like today’s, bolstered by the advocacy and outreach performed by many in this room, has helped to bring this devastating condition out of the shadows and into the spotlight. We will keep our constituents with ME/CFS in mind as we push for expanded biomedical research opportunities and funding in the U.S. House and Senate.

A significant milestone in ME/CFS advocacy, @RivkaRivka has organized a "Thank You Card" which is posted under Advocacy Projects, repeated here for those who wish to sign (cutoff is Sunday December 10th)

https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/HVS8LIQQ?htm_source=%23MEAction+Newsletter&utm_campaign=7070fd753f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_11_23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c4e623c366-7070fd753f-348102801&mc_cid=7070fd753f&mc_eid=07eeb30245.

As @Mary commented on the advocacy thread people from all over the country/world are signing the card;
easy to do.

Gemini

Bump.

Reminder cutoff to sign the "Thank You" card is in three days-- Sunday Dec 10th.