Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

US: Carol Head/Solve going to Washington next week for 20 congressional meetings - how you can help

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Got this in an email from Solve this morning:

Comet, MEMum, Valentijn and 5 others like this.
  2. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Sasha, could you do me a favour please. I'm signed up to receive updates from Solve but, as I never see anything, I'm guessing that my spam filter auto-swallows them. Could you confirm the email address that Solve used to send the update you received? Thanks :)

Ritto likes this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    No probs - it was from SolveCFS@SolveCFS.org.

I hope that helps! Their updates are always full of good stuff and well worth reading. I'm very impressed by their advocacy. They seem to me to be a very positive force, and to know what they're doing.

MEMum and AndyPR like this.
  4. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Awesome, thanks :)

I agree, they certainly do seem to be doing good work. All we need to do is import them into the UK ;)

MEMum, Cinders66, trishrhymes and 2 others like this.
  5. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member

Great. I've been really impressed with Carol Head & Dr Zaher Nahle, & Emily Taylor and the direction of Solve ME/CFS since they joined, I remember they used to be criticised a lot when they just sat back in a research role. If only uk Charities took on the advocacy and campaign role - In USA they lobby the establishment for fair cash and care, in uk MRC etc are defended in their neglect and AFME just prop up the self management establishment approach. Like watching paint dry here and the reason the NICE guidelines possibly are up for review seems to be because of American advances. Anyway I suppose if one great nation takes huge strides it will help us all and make slow mo seem less acceptable around the rest of the world. I hope pressure is able to be applied to get more cash than NIH etc put up recently which seemed a minimal gestur.

See more popular forum discussions.