Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

URGENT: Your stories needed for debate in Parliament on ME 20th Feb at 11 am

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Countrygirl, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...ting-with-carol-monaghan-mp-08-february-2018/

2. FTY

FTY

@Countrygirl That's great - thank you for posting this. I've been meaning to ask about this as I tuned in to Parliamentary TV (not one of my usual channels!) the other day when I saw your message about it but obviously it wasn't on. I shall definitely be contacting my MP and writing to Carol M (if I can manage to string together something that makes sense). Good to have something concrete to be able to do to take action. Thanks xx

Dolphin likes this.
  3. Countrygirl

UK
    That is great!

I have just written my piece and attached two documents for further information.

I have also invited my MP....................I won't hold my breath on that one though.

FTY and Dolphin like this.
  4. Countrygirl

UK
    Don't forget to tune in tomorrow, folks.

5. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    I already wrote to her, contrasting the diagnosis and treatment I'm getting in the US vs. what patients are offered in the UK.

6. Countrygirl

UK
    Thank you! :hug:

If only your letter could be circulated to all GPs.

7. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    If you think there's a way to do it, I'd be open to helping with such an approach.

Countrygirl likes this.
  8. Countrygirl

UK
    Now if we could make our own information pack for doctors or even an attractive booklet of basic infomration for every surgery your letter could be included.

It is all possible folks. Just takes a little group of us..............any willing people on here? :hug:

Meanwhile, 'we're on' :hug::hug: today at 11 am. Clearly our plight is not as important as the future of basketball which is allocated three times as long just before us, but, nonetheless we still have our feet under the table at 11 am.:balloons:

It is available here http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/cf2fde9d-f327-4bf4-8e72-1fc6124b8998

It might be available on Freeview too. I think for me it is now 131 but for others it is 81. You may have to experiment.

9. Countrygirl

UK
    Well done Carol Monaghan!

I think a thank you card is called for. Can anyone who knows about these things :angel: start one for the community to sign as she did well? In fact she was amazing!!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  10. Countrygirl

UK
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  11. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Carol Monaghan MP on PACE: "When the full details of the PACE trial become known this will be put down as one of the biggest medical scandals of the 21st century."

Carol Monaghan MP on PACE: "...the impact of the PACE trial on those with ME has been devastating."

12. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    IThinkImTurningJapanese and FTY like this.
  13. IThinkImTurningJapanese

IThinkImTurningJapanese Moderator

Japan
    Have a look at the MP who interrupted Carol Monaghan MP in the beginning of her presentation. He's visible behind her as she speaks. His reactions speak volumes! It won't take you much time to watch this video, they were only allowed 30 minutes. But if you want to learn about the future of basketball in the UK, that'll take you an hour and a half. :rolleyes:

Edit: @Countrygirl What is the proper way to address an MP? You know, like if I had a friend who wanted to email her. ;):D

Okay Countrygirl, you're gonna begin to believe that I think your first name is Nevermind. The second page has instructions for proper communications.
    https://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-information-office/m01.pdf

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018

See more popular forum discussions.