• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Urgent?L-Meth raising Histamine

That zinc study, seems like its written in a foreign language to me right now. My brain fog is so heavy. Could you quick recap it for me ,if you don't mind. Zinc has a positive or negative effect on mast cell stabilization?significant?

The B6 is helping me because its a vital coFactor to the DAO enzyme. This enzyme is one of two ways the body can break down histamine. DAO is actually responsible for the itching, a sufficient amount would stop the itching from ever occurring- i think its main function has to do with the skin/tissues and not sinus. dAO does indeed lower histamine levels tho,too.

Thanks for your contributions to this thread my friend

GenDylan, if you're still around, quick question: when you tried TMG + Methionine, were you taking a B-Complex or a Multivitamin or anything containing any a folic acid / folate derivative? Thanks.

Hi GenDylan,

Haven't read the total you wrote about histamine going up when you took TMG + Methionine. But wanted to share how I had to quit various supplements, even B-complex cuz they triggered histamine itch for me. I had been taking 1 Solgar Metafolin/day 800 mcg. [a bioidentical folate source] with breakfast. Then about the end of this June I realized that my itch times were hours away from the Metafolin. I started putting 1/2 a Metafolin under my tongue anytime itch occurred & the itch would start subsiding in minutes & quit in 20-30 min. Since seeing that connection, I increased Metafolin to 4 X day, but split into 1/2 tablet doses after breakfast, lunch, evening meal & bedtime. Sometimes I use another 1/2 tablet if itch of unknown cause occurs. But the itch relief has been consistent. I suspect Metafolin supports my healing and I was in-a-way able to monitor whether I was progressing with healing by how my skin was responding. Freddd said some thing to the effect that our skin is our external way to know whether or not other body tissues are healing.
Blessings to you!

Hi GenDylan,

Haven't read the total you wrote about histamine going up when you took TMG + Methionine. But wanted to share how I had to quit various supplements, even B-complex cuz they triggered histamine itch for me. I had been taking 1 Solgar Metafolin/day 800 mcg. [a bioidentical folate source] with breakfast. Then about the end of this June I realized that my itch times were hours away from the Metafolin. I started putting 1/2 a Metafolin under my tongue anytime itch occurred & the itch would start subsiding in minutes & quit in 20-30 min. Since seeing that connection, I increased Metafolin to 4 X day, but split into 1/2 tablet doses after breakfast, lunch, evening meal & bedtime. Sometimes I use another 1/2 tablet if itch of unknown cause occurs. But the itch relief has been consistent. I suspect Metafolin supports my healing and I was in-a-way able to monitor whether I was progressing with healing by how my skin was responding. Freddd said some thing to the effect that our skin is our external way to know whether or not other body tissues are healing.
Blessings to you!

heyy thanks for the reply and thanks for the blessings.
what you experienced with Metafolin is awesome! because thats actually whats been hypothesized to happen.
LMethylfolate(metafolin) with sufficient b12,gets converted into THF in the body. THF breaks down histadine(histamine precursor). this is what im hoping will happen to me!!!!

YOU MUST KNOW THO, without sufficient b12, the Lmethylfolate will stop working; and if you continue the Lmethylfolate with a b12 deficiency, then your body will probably become sick. this phenomena is "Methyl Trapping".

so keep taking LMethylfolate and keep dissolving b12 under your tounge,,, and good luck to ya. really :)