• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Upvote this question to someone on the Gates Foundation

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
Specifically, the gates foundation does not fund interventions or research into health conditions in western countries. To make a case, you have to suggest that research on CFS (particularly epidemiology) is sorely neglected in developing countries. Otherwise the Gates foundation will explicitly ignore such requests.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Specifically, the gates foundation does not fund interventions or research into health conditions in western countries. To make a case, you have to suggest that research on CFS (particularly epidemiology) is sorely neglected in developing countries. Otherwise the Gates foundation will explicitly ignore such requests.

That's true, too, that it's present there and neglected there.

However, I thought they did include domestic research for populations considered disadvantaged, which would basically include patients of nearly any disease which affects more women than men. (not counting breast cancer, which I think has caught up to everything else, via advocacy).

Though we're at the bottom even of this list. Someone (you?) made a chart showing ME/CFS is the worst underfunded (of diseases in general) by far, and migraines pretty bad also. Not sure you included fibro and IBS but they are not tons better than us, though they get about 2-3x the funding (US-NIH).

Don't they have women, children, and minorities on their list, even in Western countries?

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
However, reddit's Rule #2:

Don't ask for votes or engage in vote manipulation.

[–] What does vote manipulation look like?

NOT OK: Buying votes or using services to vote.
OK: Sharing reddit links with your friends.
NOT OK: Sharing links with your friends or coworkers and asking them to vote.
NOT OK: Creating submissions such as "For every upvote I will ..." or "... please upvote this!", regardless of the cause.​