• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Upcoming Screenings of "Unrest" in Los Angeles

fingers2022

where will your screening be? I might be able to male it perhaps...
You mean mail it??
I'm thinking of doing my own thing now.
It would be in Cornwall.
What is your Ron Davis Big Data thing? I'm interested in a Big Data approach.
Where are you based in UK?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
You mean mail it??
I'm thinking of doing my own thing now.
It would be in Cornwall.
What is your Ron Davis Big Data thing? I'm interested in a Big Data approach.
Where are you based in UK?
Hhaha - no make it - as in attend your screening. Im in Wales so Cornwall would be too far as im one of these mysterious severe people you seem to be having trouble getting your head around. Ive been mild as well so I know what that's like too, but in my experience there are a LOT of VERY disabled people with ME out there and less very mildly affected.

You can search OMF and Ron Davis on the forum and get all the news on their research projects - my brain will not allow me to explain it right now.

fingers2022

Hhaha - no make it - as in attend your screening. Im in Wales so Cornwall would be too far as im one of these mysterious severe people you seem to be having trouble getting your head around. Ive been mild as well so I know what that's like too, but in my experience there are a LOT of VERY disabled people with ME out there and less very mildly affected.

You can search OMF and Ron Davis on the forum and get all the news on their research projects - my brain will not allow me to explain it right now.
OK thanks, Justy, will check out.
Sorry to hear that you are a mysterious severe person ;-)
I think we are agreeing...something like 25% severe, 60+% moderate, 15-% mild. I wouldn't describe myself as mildly affected...only relatively, and only based on what I can achieve, not how bloody awful I feel.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary If you feel well enough, you should join us!

@Gingergrrl - I'm going after all! But I'll be going to the matinee showing in Pasadena - it's a lot easier for me to get to than Santa Monica. Seeing the interview on the Today Show made me realize that even if the film has flaws (and I'm not in a position to judge here!), it seems to be a powerful vehicle for raising awareness, which we desperately need. I was letting myself be swayed by negative reactions from some people who'd seen it, which was rather a kneejerk reaction on my part I'm afraid.

So sorry I won't see you tomorrow! But sometime I will :)

Gingergrrl

So sorry I won't see you tomorrow! But sometime I will :)

No worries @Mary and I am still going to the screening in SM (and we have a little group from PR going now) and I know I will meet you another time in the future when it is meant to be. Enjoy your screening in Pasadena.