• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Upcoming CAA Webinar on Post-Exertion Relapse - with Pacific Fatigue Lab

waiting

CAA is hosting a webinar on what they say is their most-requested topic. It is entitled: "Top 10 Things You Should Know About Post-Exertion Relapse".

Christopher Snell, Mark VanNess and Staci Stevens of the Pacific Fatigue Lab (PFL) are all featured.

You can register for free (see link below).

DATE: July 19, 2012
TIME: 2:00 PM (Eastern Daylight Time)
FREE REGISTRATION: http://bit.ly/PEM-webinar-reg

CJB

Has anyone seen this? I highly recommend it. These researchers are believers. They've seen it with their own eyes. There was a particularly interesting bit about a phenomenon they had seen in athletes - can't remember exactly what they called it - but it was basically an overtraining syndrome that produces ME/CFS symptoms including swollen glands, etc. and can last from days to years.

Thanks CAA. Very encouraging. And hats off to patients who have undergone this grueling test.

Thanks waiting for the notice.

The replay is available here.

CJB

Just remembered something they said that I thought was phenomenal. Some large percentage of the patients they were seeing did not have sufficient cardiac function to be considered for a heart transplant if they were suffering from major heart disease. He was quick to clarify that he wasn't saying we had major heart disease, but that we couldn't even meet minimum requirements they set to screen heart transplant candidates.

Obviously paraphrasing from memory - so I may or may not have caught the essence of what they were saying. I wish I would have made note of the times of some of these things because it is a long slog through it all and the sound is really bad in some places.

The tests they are using are all accepted by medicine because they have been in use for a long time in sports medicine/training in particular. They can be replicated by anyone who has the equipment and they said the equipment is not anything special. There are some difficulties with interpretation, etc., but this is a test that wins disability cases because it is a very well-accepted measurement of functioning.