August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Unrest" updates

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Mar 11, 2017.

1. CFSTheBear

CFSTheBear Senior Member

2. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
  3. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Looks like 'psychosomatic' has indeed been removed. Here's a more direct link:

http://cinesthesiac.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/moving-forwards-unrest.html

"We get a very real sense, watching Unrest, of Brea the indomitable go-getter, determined not to let her malfunctioning mitochondria get in the way of stitching together what counts as the first comprehensive onscreen treatment of ME and other comparable conditions - a film that carries us all from yellowing cases of hysteria to a place of greater knowledge."

4. CFSTheBear

CFSTheBear Senior Member

Oh - nice. Looks like he didn't publish my comment but, hey, job done.

5. NelliePledge

NelliePledge plodder

Nice work whoever achieved this

Ah just seen your post @jstash good work

6. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Great work, thank you @jstash! :trophy: Good to know that it might sometimes help to contact the author directly and to politely explain the problem.

7. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member

Liverpool, UK
    RuthT, CFSTheBear, TreePerson and 2 others like this.
  8. Wolfiness

Wolfiness Activity Level 0

UK
  9. Subtropical island

Subtropical island

Really liked this one, thanks Joh!
    Having a tough day (not a crash, actually doing better and getting frustrated and annoyed with myself and everything).
    Listening to Jen helps me reframe. I am grateful for the function I have and excited to make the most of the life I do have. I waste less energy on what others might possibly think, whether I'm credible, and more on what do I want from the life I do have. What can I enjoy _today_? And what can I plan for this month? And how wonderful it is that I can have that much, even if unpredictable.

Joh and Hutan like this.
  10. Subtropical island

Subtropical island

Oh, and thanks for the clips and audio! Saves on reading energy on a restless day.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Joh likes this.
  11. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany

12. CFSTheBear

CFSTheBear Senior Member

RuthT, Joh, Binkie4 and 2 others like this.
  13. ballard

ballard Senior Member

Holding On To Hope copy.jpeg

So grateful to Jen and her team for their brilliant film.

Missense, Chezboo, Binkie4 and 6 others like this.
  14. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Hi @ballard, perfect (as always), thank you! :thumbsup:

Your picture really shows how I feel every day. It sounds silly, but checking for Unrest updates (and there are thankfully always plenty) helps me to hold on while I'm stuck in bed, because it gives me hope. I could imagine that Unrest would tweet your picture (but I'm not on Twitter).

enna, Missense, Binkie4 and 1 other person like this.
  15. ballard

ballard Senior Member

Hi @Joh, Thank you so much for your kind words. The cartoons keep me going.

If anyone could tell me how to get the cartoon to the "Unrest" team, maybe they'll post it on
    twitter.

Missense, Binkie4, moosie and 2 others like this.
  16. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @ballard I am tagging @JenB so she will hopefully see your cartoon (and I know nothing about Twitter either @Joh)! Your cartoons are always amazing.

ballard, Binkie4 and Joh like this.
  17. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    @ballard :) If you click on the picture, it will bring you to Twitter (no account needed).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    enna likes this.
  18. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

Do you think that Unrest will be wisible in some other countries (I mean outside english speaking countries)?

19. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Hi @pattismith,

Professional subtitles for Unrest will be available in French, Spanish and German. And volunteers are making more subtitles, I believe Danish was recently finished.

Unrest will be available on iTunes worldwide from Oktober 31. and on DVD in December (both with subtitles). For screenings on the big screen worldwide you'd have to check out the Unrest website. If community screenings are happening depends mostly on volunteers. I'm in a volunteer group and e.g. a screening in Pakistan was recently scheduled and others all over the world. :)

Or did I get your question wrong and you meant visible as in getting media attention? I guess not at all comparable to English speaking countries and we had just one screening in Germany so far, but the visibility would in part also depend on all of us. E.g. I contacted two journalists so far and one is interested in writing about Unrest in a big German national newspaper (but the newspaper has to say ok first). I guess there are several ways we could help to make Unrest more visible in our countries.

Greetings to France!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    ahimsa, Binkie4 and pattismith like this.
  20. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

Thank you @Joh , I meant visible on a big screen, I will have a look on their website

edit: I had a look but couldn't find...

See more popular forum discussions.