• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unknown PACE-trial advocate tries to block JHP issue dedicated to the trial

trishrhymes

That is one of the greatest pictures with no context I've ever seen @trishrhymes ! It's so good I don't want to know the context, it will destroy the magic.

I pulled my hair out with shock after seeing the anti-gravity smock too! Too much knee baring going on these days... grumble ...grumble...in my day...

“You are old, Father William,” the young man said,
“And your hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on your head –
Do you think, at your age, it is right?”

“In my youth,” Father William replied to his son,
“I feared it might injure the brain;
But, now that I’m perfectly sure I have none,
Why, I do it again and again.”

................and lots more. Lewis Carroll.

http://www.poetrybyheart.org.uk/poems/you-are-old-father-william/

b0041b320a486e6a4c55c7696d062751.jpg

GreyOwl

Dx: strong belief system, avoidance, hypervigilant

Leopardtail

A reference to a MSM newspaper article does not satisfy Wikipedia MEDRS (the standard of references required for medical pages). The accusation failed to be proven at a Tribunal hearing. Surely the page should be updated?
Frankly its not acceptable content, but since it's 'News about the disease, rather than a medical fact', a Newspaper is considered to be a reliable source in Wikipedia. I had a protracted discussion about it to little avail. The Judgement of the Court however is a superious reference and supercedes the newpaper article. It should therefore be possible to quote the court Judgement with a statement that false allegations were made but considered exageratoins by the court Judgement.

The bloke in charge of the Medical articles on WP though is a firm Wessley-Ite and an Admin, so it may prove difficult to change. He has a nasty habit of destroying Medical articles on there due to his personal beliefs.