• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK: Severely ill patients in or near London - donate to biobank - nurse will visit to take samples

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I wish I lived near London - it would be great to contribute to research.

Here's an opportunity especially for the severely ill - the UK biobank needs your help:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5804522506/

IiME on FB said:
The UK ME/CFS Biobank project are in need of more severely effected (bed bound/home bound) patients. The research nurse makes home visits to take blood and urine samples. If you, or someone close to you, are severely effected and would like to participate in the research, and live in or not too far from London, then please contact:

Caroline Kingdon
Research Nurse
ME/CFS Biobank Project
T: 020 7927 2972
E:Caroline.Kingdon@lshtm.ac.uk

charles shepherd

This is actually a rather old announcement

Following the ME/CFS Biobank Steering Group meeting yesterday we are preparing a more detailed and updated statement on the recruitment of people with severe ME

We wil try to have this ready at some point tomorrow >> Thursday 20th August

Dr Charles Shepherd
Chairman, UK ME/CFS Biobank Steering Group