• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK Research Collaborative Conference in Newcastle - update

charles shepherd

charles shepherd

Two major sponsors - The Wellcome Trust and Arthritis Research UK - throw their weight behind the next ME/CFS research conference in Newcastle, 13-14 October 2015

‘WE’RE DELIGHTED TO HAVE THE SUPPORT OF THE WELLCOME TRUST AND ARTHRITIS RESEARCH UK’

More information in news section on MEA website:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...arch-conference-newcastle-13-14-october-2015/

And following a very generous donation from one of our members, and some excellent applications from medical students who want to attend the Newcastle research conference, we have increased the number of MEA awards to attend the conference to 4. We have also agreed to increase the value of the award to cover all their registration, accomodation and travel costs up to a total of £350.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...arch-conference-newcastle-13-14-october-2015/

MEA said:
Alongside this, the Wellcome Trust and National Institute of Health Research will be joining the MRC on the Executive Board as observers. This provides the impetus to commence work on the Grand Challenge programme announced by the CMRC. This will seek to achieve a more co-ordinated and joined up approach working strategically with mainstream funders, charities, researchers and people with CFS/ME to progress the research field.

To kick-start this endeavour, the Collaborative is working with Über Research to gain a detailed overview of research funding into CFS/ME in the UK and globally over the last 10 years. This will, for the first time, provide a detailed picture of what research has, or is, being undertaken, evidence the gaps that exist in specific research areas, and inform what action needs to be taken as part of the Grand Challenge.

That's a very welcome development!