• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK rebranding of ME as PPS/MUS to be treated with GET/CBT

Countrygirl

More evidence of the potential harm imposed on patients by gullible doctors who are addicted to the alledged fraudulent PACE trial

http://www.lambethccg.nhs.uk/Practi.../Pages/default/3 MUS Lambeth PLT 09 03 17.pdf

This disturbing document from page 30 onwards describes how ME is rebranded as PPS, which, apparently ,the patients prefer.

GET/CBT is the treatment of choice which amazingly is claimed to be effective :rolleyes: and then this is followed by comments from very grateful patients.

Deepwater

OMG. . . . :nervous:
I see the twit who wrote it has a twitter account. Has anyone tried to engage with him about this?
P.S. I don't have a twitter account - twitter believes I am a robot and won't let me have one.

Seven7

Seven
The only way we will get out of where we are is rebranding, we should hire an experienced person to do all the needed publicity, name damage control....

Deepwater

You can write a review of him and his unscientific faulty illness beliefs here: https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/mr-mujtaba-husain

Will do that. I've been in too much of a brain-mushed crash for the last couple of weeks, but have been a bit better today so hopefully will be able to come up with something over the weekend.
But I do agree with @Inester7 - we have to fight them on their own terms. We need our own sciency-sounding body to make statements and produce professional leaflets and press releases about the real science.

I wonder if the drive for NHS acceptance of MUS is coming from the good old health insurance industry again. They've certainly been using it themselves for a while as I know a psychologist who earning his keep diagnosing it for them. I guess they would need the endorsement of the general medical community in order to make the diagnosis stick.