• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK only - tell NHS England what to discuss/do at their AGM

shahida

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27325363

A high court judge ruled Northern Ireland NHS patients are not allowed to get a free abortion in NHS England.

I did not know the system.operated this way.

NHS England... changing NICE guidelines then? is it really possible?[/quo

NI has never allowed abortion and this causes a great deal of angst to women. You're using your own personal views to distract attention from the issue- if everything you want happened we still wouldn't get anything. It's due to the politics of ME- better to aim angst at the likes of DWP, governments, Insurance companies. There are all sorts of problems out there- we spend billion son diabetes largely because people eat too much-should they simply be blamed? Overeating is complex- and what about those who eat too little and become anorexic - it that 'all their own fault' Human frailties and weakness does not =failure to take responsibility.[/quote]

golden

NI does allow abortion but under restriction. My link states this.

It is currently/recently relaxing its abortion restrictions slightly which seem appropriate to me however will not include lifestyle abortions.

If people want lifestyle abortions they should pay for it themselves not out of the NHS purse.

Last edited: