• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK news: MS sufferers' health damaged by benefits tests

alex3619

There may be many conditions where this is the case. I think we could write a list. There are no proper impact assessments on these ideologically driven changes. Not for health impact, not for employability, and not for economic benefits to be gained. They are experimenting with the future of millions of their own citizens, and may create problems that take decades and billions of pounds to fix. Nothing returns the lost quality of life, or death, of patients - that is gone forever.

alkt

the so called all work test is just a way for government to deny benefits to those with conditions that do not fit their tick box idea of long term illnesses. many thousands of supposedly fit individuals have died within six weeks after this disgraceful test has found them fit . shortly after this was brought to public attention the establishment tried to with hold the figures for 2014.strangely the figures are only mentioned for six weeks i wonder how many more die within twelve weeks of being told they are now fit enough for the mysterious all work they mention. considering most employers will not take a second look at a job application when there is evidence of long term illness in the medical part of your c v.

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Excellent - I like that tactic of going to the United Nations - now I'm trying to frame it in the Canadian context - the govt does not fund m.e. research - certainly that counts as “severe” and “continuous” violations of rights.