• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK MEA auction of promises - the "Mary Rose" experience

Sasha

Fine, thank you
ME Association on Facebook said:
]https://www.facebook.com/1714114695...43699.171411469583186/773721179352209/?type=1

AUCTION OF PROMISES - MARY ROSE EXPERIENCE

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? Are you struggling with finding unusual presents for those you love? Well, maybe we can help you out there.

The ME Association's Auction of Promises begins on 17th November and will offer many items that you won't be able to find in the shops.

Many members will remember how the nation was transfixed when the Mary Rose was found and raised from the sea bed. King Henry VIII's favourite warship, the Mary Rose, was built in 1510. She served the King for 34 years before sinking on 19 July 1545. She was discovered in 1971 and raised from The Solent in 1982. Now in the final stages of conservation, she takes her place in a stunning and unique museum just 400 metres from the main entrance to Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. Many thousands of the artefacts raised with her are on display, including the ship's dog.

We have been lucky to secure a VIP guided tour to this magnificent attraction, together with family tickets and definitive guides on her restoration.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Actually, they've got a load of other interesting stuff:

ME Association on Facebook said:
]https://www.facebook.com/1714114695...43699.171411469583186/773526476038346/?type=1

We have been lucky to receive many kind offers of handmade crafts and art work for our Auction. This delightful oil painting is just one of them - 'Autumn Walk' by MEA supporter Pam Maudsley. It is Oil on Canvas Board, measures 16" x 12" Unframed with a reserve price of just £25.

Lovely pic - take a look!

charles shepherd

@charles shepherd - how do people view the items and place bids? Is it an online thing?

AUCTION OF PROMISES

There are only 55 shopping days until Christmas. But don’t panic – help is at hand!

The ME Association’s Auction of Promises will commence in just 18 days’ time and will give you the chance to bid for many special items that cannot be found in the shops – handcrafted items made by our members, pampering, days out, holidays, even the chance to go salmon fishing. Reserve prices range from just £5 to £1000.

This is a virtual auction – all bids should be submitted by phone or email between 17th and 21st November (address to be released nearer the time). The Auction catalogue will be published shortly and will included in our next edition of ME Essential, but if you don’t subscribe, please ask our Fundraising Assistant Helen to email you one – helen.hyland@meassociation.org.uk

Regards

Helen Hyland (Mrs)

Fundraising Assistant

The ME Association

01280 838964