• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK M.E/CFS Treatment Petition

Jenny

Thanks for taking the time to produce this Omar88.

Unfortunately I have seen literally dozens of these kinds of petition over the last few years. At most, they get a few thousand signatures, yet we need 100,000 even to get the issue considered for debate by the UK government!

There is a real problem in getting publicity for petitions. I don't have any answers, but perhaps we need to brainstorm better ways to help people become aware of them and then sign. ME patients are probably willing to sign anything that comes their way that might help their situation, but I for one would be reluctant to send any more on to friends and family to sign unless I knew they had a chance of being debated. They're getting a bit battle weary!

(Incidentally, there are quite a few typos in your text - might be an idea to get it cleaned up a bit if you can at this stage.)

Jenny