• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK: Is there a big ESA campaign we can join?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Having just been assigned by DWP's random outcome generator to the work-related activity ESA group when I don't have enough energy to feed myself when I get hungry, I'm looking for some big, fat campaign against the poor implementation of ESA that I can sign up to.

I've already signed the occasional petition and whatnot and lots of organisations seem to be doing their own thing but is there some big, serious, trans-charity campaign going on that is capable of racking up numbers and influence?

I'm particularly interested in the issue of people being inaccurately assessed (many campaigns have a whole lot of other issues but this has been a recurring problem for me during my ME life).

I'm also interested in writing to my MP about my experience in such a way as to get the biggest benefit for everyone - again, is there some big MP-writing ESA campaign going on or do I just have to write my own letter?