• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK BBC1 Mon 18 Jan: Panorama - Can You Stop My Multiple Sclerosis? [Crossover cancer treatment]

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
I am not quite sure why this study of high dose immunoablation with rescue in MS is being given such a high profile. This type of approach has been going on in autoimmune diseases including MS since at least 1995. It can certainly produce results but is very toxic and still has a small mortality. It cannot easily be repeated. Unfortunately, most of the evidence is that the remissions do not last, except possibly in some SLE cases. It seems hard to justify blasting MS with this when one can do a more focused blast with rituximab. There may be some value in depleting t cells but Campath-1H could be added for that.